Architect Staff / Assistant Project Manager
At Group One we believe that creative, talented individuals can accomplish great things together in a fun, casual office environment. Our close-knit team of architects and interior designers enjoy working together, learning from each other, and having more than a few laughs along the way.
What else do we believe? We know you have a life outside our office! Achieving work-life balance is critical to our success which is why our team isn’t pulling 80 hours week in and week out. Sure there are times when we are all hands on deck to get out that major deadline but it’s balanced with normal work hours. Our firm has a hybrid office model, offering a mix of work from home time with collaborative in-office days providing flexibility for what’s happening in your life. Combine this with competitive salaries, a full range of benefits, professional development opportunities, and an energetic, career-oriented work environment to take your career to the next level.
We are seeking an Architect Staff / Asst. Project Manager to join Group One team. The ideal candidate has the ability to balance multiple job responsibilities and the ability to integrate into all project phases. We are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong drive to learn, improve, and grow with us.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate with architects and designers to create and develop planning and design concepts
- Prepare and coordinate architectural drawings, renderings, and specifications under general supervision to meet project requirements.
- Relate building design concepts to building codes, zoning ordinances and other external issues.
- Consult with manufacturers; research and propose materials and products.
- Prepare and create presentation drawings and/or graphics and otherwise assist in presentations both internally and externally.
- Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI’s, preparing sketches, addendums and visit construction sites to gather information and/or prepare punch lists.
Who you are…
- Energetic, self-starter who can juggle project tasks and deadlines
- Bachelor degree in Architecture from accredited program
- Architecture license preferred, not required
- 3-8 years of Hospitality or Commercial interiors-related experience
- Have knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural project delivery
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office skills
- Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus
Who are we…
Established in 1970 the firm has developed into a hospitality design leader with more than 3000 projects and 400,000 hotel rooms completed over 5 decades. Our projects and talents have been recognized by hotel brands and industry publications. The latest include the Marriott Design Excellence Award, Boutique Design Gold Key Finalist, and USA Today 10 Best Reader’s Choice Awards for Best New Hotel.
If you are interested in joining an environment that is one of mutual respect, trust and collaboration where each individual has an opportunity to make a positive impact please submit your cover letter, resume, and a brief portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.