According to a recent article in Conde Nast Traveler that ranked the 2014 best new hotels in the world, today’s travelers want “A sense of place: a hotel that celebrates where it is in the world” and “a sense of personality: a hotel where it feels like every decoration has been hand-chosen by a person, not by a committee.”
We’ve seen this trend emerge in the past few years as guests challenge our standard way of thinking, seeking out properties they can connect with and where they can have a personal experience.
Smart hotel brands are adapting to this and becoming increasingly flexible, creating boutique-branded elements as they strive to cater to the changing expectations and needs of modern-day travelers.
- Create boutique-branded elements
- Improve sense of guest interaction
- Add community areas, including bars & lounges
- Strong design theme tied to location
- Upgrade food delivery & selections